WestLink Voicemail / Voicemail Set-Up Instructions
All WestLink monthly accounts have voicemail included at no additional charge. Voicemail is optional for prepay customers.
The voicemail system will take you through a tutorial during your first set-up. Please follow the instructions below to
begin using your WestLink voice mailbox.
VOICEMAIL SET-UP INSTRUCTIONS
Establishing your voicemail account:
At the time of account registration your voice mailbox is automatically created in our system.
Entering your voicemail number into your phone:
At the time of account registration, the voicemail number was probably programmed into your phone for you.
However, it is beneficial to check to see that the number was correctly entered. You can do this by:
- Through your menu, select "Messages"
- Scroll to and select "Voice Messages"
- Scroll to and select "Voice mailbox Number" *Depending on your phone, this option may appear before or instead of step #2
- 1-620-356-1060 should appear as your voice mailbox number. If it does not, enter it now.
- Exit menu.
Completing Voicemail Installation:
- Press and hold down the "1" button. This will automatically begin dialing the above voice mailbox number.
You should see the number appear on your phone as it's dialed.
- You will be greeted by an automated set-up procedure.
- You will be asked to enter you security code. **The first time you set up your voicemail, this will be your
10 digit WestLink phone number!! (ex: 620 365-1234)
- Follow the prompts. You will be asked to record a personalized greeting and have the option to set up a passcode
of your choice. If you choose to have a passcode, please remember it. You will not be able to access your voicemail
in the future without it.
Forwarding Calls to the Voicemail System:
- Through your menu select "Forwarding"
- Scroll to and select "Forward when not able to take calls". This will forward any phone calls to your voicemail
that you are not able to accept because your phone is busy, not answered, turned off, or out of the coverage area.
- Select Activate.
Accessing your Voicemail Account
When you receive a voice message and are in the coverage area, an envelope will appear on the screen of your phone.
Depending on the model of your phone you may also receive a text message indicating the number of awaiting messages.
- Press and hold down the "1" button.
- At the voice prompt, enter your passcode. **This will be the passcode you personally set-up, it will no longer
be your 10 digit phone number.
- Follow the voice prompts for other options.
You are not charged airtime when voice messages are left in your mailbox.
Normal airtime charges apply when you retrieve your messages from your handset.
- My phone won't ring and all my calls go directly to voicemail:
Your call forwarding has been set to forward all of your voice calls. Please see the section on
Call Forwarding to change your selection to forward your calls when
you are not able to take them.
- I don't remember my passcode or the system will not accept the one I have entered:
Contact Customer service to have your passcode reset. This will allow you access to your
account again without losing any of the messages that are currently stored.
- When I try to retrieve my messages, I get a recording asking me to enter the number of the person I
am trying to dial:
Our voice mailbox system recognizes you by your service number. If it is not taking you directly to your
voicemail account, most likely, you do not have your caller ID turned on. Please refer to the
section on Caller ID for further assistance.